Thursday, 27 March 2014

Books, Books, Books - Hedonist

One of the first things you should know about me is that I am a big reader. Take that back; a huge reader. If there was a definition of what makes a book lover, I'm 110% sure I am it. I've been an avid reader since birth. Lolita, The Book Thief, Flipped, The Bell Jar, Spectacular Now, The Future Of Us, The Notebook, The Truth About Forever, 13 Reasons Why, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. So many books, so little time. 

The last treasure I laid my eyes on is Every Day by David Leviathan. I absolutely adored the concept of this book as it was written so brilliantly and thoughtfully. 
The main character wakes up in a new body each morning and is ripped from that body every night at midnight. It has happened their whole life so it's all they've ever known. They refer to themselves as A, taking on the lives of girls and boys, seeing life from every perspective possible. It has an element of something more that I just can't quite put into words. It reminded me of two other gems Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and If I Stay by Gayle Forman, which I similarly adored and obsessed over. The plot is amazing, describing the emotions and thoughts of the character. I almost believed I was there, experiencing what they were experiencing in each new body. The ending however was so unpredictable, unexpected and abrupt. I won't ruin it for you though! You'll have to find out how it ends for yourself. 
This novel as a whole was an emotional roller coaster. Terrifying, romantic, thrilling, strange and yet beautiful all at once. David Leviathan has reached a new level of creativity and imagination with this entrancing tale that will captivate readers as they begin to comprehend the intricacies and complexities of life and love. I highly recommend this book to any teens or young readers and I can assure you it is one of the most moving books I have ever read. 

So stop reading this, get off your computer and go grab a life-changing book. I guarantee you won't regret it. 
I'm extremely excited to see what Sarah Dessen's Along For the Ride has in store for me! Here's to hoping I will learn something new and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment